08 October 2014

Student Discount Spending!

Ok, I'll be the first to admit it. I LOVE online shopping. There's just something so exciting about receiving a parcel in the post, tearing open the plastic and finally seeing your latest purchase - it can't just be me!

I especially loved shopping this month as I was invited to a multitude of discounts thanks to my account on Unidays. It's this awesome website where students can access loads of reduced prices on popular stores - think Topshop, Jack Wills, ASOS and loads more! Naturally, as soon as I got my pay check (my first since starting my new job!), I had to have a cheeky look, and somehow, things just fell into my basket...


The first thing I picked up was this super cute Cath Kidston travel mug. Autumn has definitely arrived and the chilly early morning sixth form starts mean I cling to my cup of tea for as long as possible. This is perfect - it's such a handy size and I just pop it in my locker when I'm not using it. It's really well insulated - my hands never burn and my drink is never cold, and I love being able to sit in my frees doing work safely with my tea!

Ok, these two were probably a bit extravagant, but my reasoning is that I need to 'build up a winter wardrobe' - that's totally a thing, right? But 20% off Topshop - who can resist? These jeans are great, such a lovely colour for winter and are super high waisted, which suit my hourglass shape without being too bulky and making my stomach look bigger than necessary! The stretch is also amazing - finally a pair that are small enough for my ankles but big enough for my hips! I'm also in love with this jumper - the colour is so autumnal and reminds me of October leaves, and the knit is so cosy and soft. I think it will look great with brown boots, a parker and scarf on colder days, or maybe a cream/white shirt buttoned up underneath with a statement necklace for a smarter look.


Mummy was very lovely and offered to buy me some new winter shoes, and I'd had my eye on some Chelsea boots for a while! I just think they're so versatile and can be dressed up or down, with trousers or with some skirts. These were also leather, which were slightly pricier, but I am hoping that they will stay in better condition so won't need to be replaced!


So that's my shopping pretty much done for the month (unless I go out at the weekend...)! Is there anything you've seen recently that you're waiting for your next pay check to buy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment