20 October 2014

Autumn Favourites

Autumn is finally in the air, which excites me greatly as it's my favourite season! I love the layering of clothes and snuggling up inside with a good book under my duvet, so to celebrate I thought I would do a few autumn favourites.

My first favourite is a TV show that has been around for a while, but I've finally started watching it and I am hooked! I'm on season 3 after watching it avidly for less than a month... oops. It is of course Pretty Little Liars, and I am loving the drama and romance (as well as the outfits!). Plus I definitely have a thing for Keegan Allen, who plays Toby Cavanaugh. What a babe.

Of course when you're watching a TV show, you need a good hot drink. And some snacks. My go to drink is the Pukka liquorice and cinnamon tea - so cosy and it gives you such a warming feeling in the back of your throat after each mouthful!

My snack of choice tends to be my homemade popcorn: a few kernels in a pan with some warm oil and you're good to go! It's super easy to make and so much healthier (and cheaper) than the pre-popped/microwaveable popcorn you get in the shops! I also like it cause it's plain, although sometimes I add my own sugar and salt, depending on my mood.

My favourite fashion choice (or fashion faux pas, to be quite honest) is my new Primark leggings - with fur inside them. They're insanely cosy and are perfect for a sofa day, or homework in the evenings when it's dark. Paired with my leavers hoodie, I am pretty much living in them at the moment!

I'm absolutely loving listening to one particular song at the moment, and it's always on repeat. Although I'm usually a musicals gal (good male harmonies are pretty much the best things on earth), there are a few songs recently that have slipped through that Broadway net. My current fave is 'All About That Bass' by Meghan Trainor! I originally heard an awesome cover of it by Disney's Ryan McCartan and Dove Cameron (don't judge me), and it's such a feel good, body positive song!.

In the autumn, it's also great to curl up with a book, and whilst nothing can beat the feel of an actual paperback, I've gotten back into using my kindle recently. My mum and I share an account and she's got tons of books on there that I've not read so I'm attempting to catch up! During term time I don't read that much, cause although I love it, I don't get much time and I'm normally quite tired in my free time, so I prefer to watch a film or some tv. But I'm doing my best to get back into it as it's been a huge passion of mine since I was three or four. I'm currently reading a fab book called 'Ties That Bind' by Catherine Deveney. It's similar to The Wife That Ran Away and has a good mix of emotional parts and sweeter, more cheerful bits.

My final favourite is also new - my L'Oreal primer. It comes in a little pearly bottle with a pump, and it's great. It keeps my makeup on all day and the slight shine it has means that it's also great as a highlighter!

What are your favourites at the moment? Anything to recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment