25 October 2014

Babysitting Essentials

Hi all!

When it gets to the winter months, I always seem to be inundated with babysitting requests, and I'm not particularly sure why. But out of an intense level of procrastination, I'm currently typing this on the first of three consecutive Saturdays of babysitting. Also slightly sleepy from an intense week of work experience followed by a seven hour shift today, hence a potential lack of coherency in the following post...yawn.

Anyway, I do feel very strongly that there are certain things that are super important whilst babysitting. If you're being paid to not sleep (difficult for me, as spending quality time in my bed is one of my favourite hobbies), then there are important things you need (want).

A cosy blanket is SUPER important. If I can't be in my bed by about ten o'clock, the next best thing is  a sofa and a fluffy blanket. I'm not joking. It also gets so cold late at night, especially if you don't know how to turn the central heating on! I also like to bring snacks with me too, as I always feel a tad awkward nicking food out of other people's fridge. Even if they've said I can. Tonight's are a bar of mint aero and some sweet and salt popcorn, which is my fave. Seeing as I get no service anywhere that I spend long periods of time (all of my three jobs, school, babysitting, my dad's house...), I am attached to my laptop for however long I am babysitting for. I do super important things like marathon watch tv series or Disney films, and mainly take advantage of the fact that everywhere in the world gets better wifi than my bedroom. Sob.

BUT, I do take some pretty dull stuff with me. Although I don't tend to do much (oops), I always bring books for school or any tests I've got, anything I have to read for English, a script that needs learning...you get the picture. My life is just one thrilling escapade after another, as you can probably tell.

This is a bit of a random post as you can probably tell, due to the fact that I'm slightly low on ideas at the moment, due to the lack of excitement and general events in my life. I will try and get something more interesting up during this week for anyone who wants to read it, although not sure what that would entail!

Until next time,

Helena


No comments:

Post a Comment