20 October 2014

Monday Funday: Life Update

I've now had all four of my medical schools confirm that they received my application, so I've just got to sit tight for the time being. I'm operating on the 'no news is good news' policy - I know, I know, it's only been a week! Even so, it's scary stuff.

Today I started some work experience in the corneoplastics unit of a hospital and even had the opportunity to sit in on some eye surgery - wearing scrubs! It was definitely exciting and nerve wracking at the same time, and I'm looking forward to the rest of my week.

Another thing that's been taking up some time recently is our school play - Coram Boy. It's getting slicker now and I'm so excited to open mid-November! My character is an aristocratic mother and she's a lot of fun to play. 

Recently I've also been thinking about the people in my life, and I've realised how lucky I am to have such a loving and supportive family, and such great friends. It does sound cliche, but honestly my family mean the world to me and I love them to pieces. 

Something I'm feeling a little bit nervous about at the moment however, is my grade 6. It's my first music exam that isn't a theory, and I'm nervous about the idea of performing four different characters and discussing all my choices. I don't know when it is yet, but it's definitely within the next couple of months!! 

I guess that's all from me today - just a quick post to comment on what I've been up to & what's coming next.


Anything fun happened to you lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment