17 January 2015

//BIG NEWS//

So this week actually turned out to be pretty exciting!

I went on a school trip to Les Mis (AKA my fave show ever) on Thursday. I am a huge musical theatre geek and I think it's pretty safe to say that, during those two and a half hours, I was LIVING. By the end of the first act, I was just about ready to stand up, leap on stage and join in the revolution they'd been singing about for half an hour! This would have been pretty interesting, given that I was in the upper circle and would have probably fallen off the balcony.
The beautiful chandelier at Les Mis- we were in love!

We got in about half midnight, and as someone who doesn't function with much less than eight hours sleep, I was definitely pretty unimpressed by my half six alarm the next morning. I just about crawled into school and managed to stay awake during assembly, but on the way back I was woken up by the news that I'd just been given a conditional offer to study medicine at university! HOW MENTAL IS THAT?!?!?

I've got to get certain grades, which is pretty terrifying, but this has increased my motivation by about 1000%! I spent the entire day in a complete blur and was very overwhelmed by the entire thing (I'm still preparing myself for the email saying it was a glitch in the system!). My brother had to log onto my UCAS track and check it for me, my hands and legs were shaking too much! That evening was the night of our sixth form social, and I went to my friend Sophie's house to get ready before hand! She runs an awesome beauty blog that you should definitely check out. The evening itself was pretty good, although I was super tired at work the following day! 

At the party (I'm on the right!)

The last few days were pretty insane, and I'm in definite need of some downtime tomorrow to do the crucial things in life: finish my book, clean my room & plot some reaction rate graphs.

2 comments:

  1. I adore Les Mis and now you've got me singing Red and Black!I recently bought a cropped red jacket and a friend pointed out it reminded her of a certain revolutionary and now I can't wear it without feeling like Enjolras. xx
    fashuinismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite! That sounds amazing, I'd love to see an outfit post! :) xx

      Delete