26 February 2015

Current Favourite Songs

So all in all I've had a pretty good half term. I've been up to London a couple of times to see two amazing shows - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime and the Woman in Black, went to Southampton for a university offer holder day, and managed a few outings with friends as well, which was nice. 

I thought I might share some of my current favourite songs with you - these are the things I've had on repeat all week!

Since last summer I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Last Five Years film, and finally, last week it was released! As soon as I could I listened to the soundtrack and fell in love with Jeremy Jordan and Anna Kendrick as Jamie and Cathy. A Summer in Ohio is hilarious and Anna Kendrick sounds wonderful singing this - it's already crept up my iTunes 'most played' in less than a month! Catch the trailer for this film here.

I have two left feet but I still love to dance around, and Gravity (DJ Fresh ft. Ella Eyre) definitely makes me want to do this! It's not super new but it's a great one to really not take too seriously.

A more chill song I'm loving is Nina by Ed Sheeran - his new album is gorgeous and so great for long drives! It's super catchy and if you've not heard it then you should definitely check it out. 

February also heralded the long-awaited Fifty Shades of Grey movie, which brought with it a pretty sweet soundtrack. It's not really my sort of film but Love Me Like You Do is great and so much fun to belt out when you're home alone!

I do have one or two guilty pleasures that I'm also loving at the moment... I'm not usually a boyband kinda gal but Good Girls by 5 seconds of summer and Night Changes from one direction are pretty catchy songs that I've been really enjoying recently. Don't judge me!

Finally, what playlist would be complete without one from Taylor Swift?! Those who know me know I'm a MASSIVE fan - I'm loving 1989, but especially Style. I am SO excited that it's her latest single - it's bound to be a huge hit. The new  music video is pretty cool - you can catch it here


No comments:

Post a Comment