15 March 2017

to do lists

To do lists. Do they make you more or less productive?

I appreciate the irony of being sat here with a massive to do list of revision for my big exam Friday - whilst procrastinating for half an hour playing around on my computer. It's hardly making me productive. However whether that's the to do list to blame or the length of time I've spent revising is anyone's guess...

I seem to be finding myself focusing far more on my Easter holiday plans and 'to do' list than my impending exam. There is something very satisfying about writing it all down neatly (especially in coloured pens!) and then crossing them off when you've achieved it.

However, it seems that I spend more time making the to do lists than I do actually doing the items on them. Hmmm. There's a concept I've heard about called bullet journalling - which is all about to do lists and plans at speed, so you can quickly and objectively look at what you have and haven't done, and move items around when necessary. I think I might try this in my holiday!

2 sleeps until my break - and I really can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment